Pages

Monday, February 8, 2016

It's Raining It's Pouring the Missionaries Are Enduring!!!

The day we give the car back it literally was like a monsoon hit. It rained heaps!! It was crack up. Sister Lott and I were grumpy with each other and with life and we got to a stop light and the water was past our ankles and we just started busting up laughing. I guess it is better to be drenched head to toe with rain than with sweat because it has been so flippin hot. 

This week was really just preparing Paige for her baptism. That girl is such an example to me. Her testimony is the greatest thing. I absolutely love converts that are truly converted to the Gospel. They know that truth and help uplift others. Her baptism was just wonderful. The assistants, our zone leaders, the Otara zone leaders, our district leader, and our sister training leaders were there. Haha so there were heaps of missionaries and the spirit was pretty great. Her testimony is going to change lives thats for sure. On Saturday We were able to hear from Elder Christofferson. A real life apostle!! It was the greatest thing ever. He was supposed to go to Vanuatu but they wouldnt let any planes in so he resorted to us. We may be second choice but we will take it. Our entire mission met at our chapel to travel down to the Hamilton mission. So the next day our ward was asking why there were so many missionaries around. The church looked like a Toyota dealership. It was great. He pretty much said everything i needed to hear and it was the best experience to hear an apostle testify of the Saviour. To see him and meet him in person instead of just on tv or at the conference center. 

I know that this church is true. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet of God. I know that he was called and set apart by the power of God. I know that each and everyone of us can have a testimony strong enough to change the world we just have to work for it. I know that there are blessings and miracles in every single day we just have to look for them. I love you all so much. I hope you have an incredible week!

Love,
Sister Boiteux

Funny: Sister Lott and I were walking and a car slowed down next to us then stopped. We looked over and it was the police. We thought they were going to the house we were at but they were there to talk to us. Haha. He asked how we are and if we feel safe and all that stuff. Then we asked if he is a member and he said he is a LA but he loves his missionaries. Haha there are also heaps of women cops here and its the best thing ever. But thats like the first time ive ever been stopped by a cop to talk. Good times :)

Pictures!



Dean wishes he could beat me at soccer ;)


The Karstens such a sad day saying good bye to them. No bueno to transfers!


Yes the rain is past my ankles..


Sister Chris brown. Sums up our companionship.


 Paiges baptism!




6 months on the mission and I got to burn some stuff with my MTC soa. That's pretty great!



Nail time with Jasmine :)







No comments:

Post a Comment