Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Can I Have a Smoothie?

This week was full of sleeping, cleaning, studying, eating and then repeating. We have been stuck in the flat since Wednesday. Sister Graham finally got her wisdom teeth out! Taking care of her makes me feel like a mother.. As soon as I sit down she wants something else... If this is what its really like to be a mum I might go a little crazy... She has been pretty hilarious though. We are just going a little stir crazy in the flat. 

Earlier this week I was reading in 3 Nephi. The story about Christ coming to the Americas and showing himself to the people. In verses 2-3 it says
 "I perceive that ye are weak, that ye cannot understand all my words which I am commanded of the Father to speak unto you at this time.
 Therefore, go ye unto your homes, and ponder upon the things which I have said, and ask of the Father, in my name, that ye may understand, and prepare your minds for the morrow, and I come unto you again."
It was really cool to see the pattern the Saviour gave to the people. That although they werent ready to receive all that He had to teach them He still told them to go back and ponder and pray so that they can be ready to receive more knowledge. I love the fact that even today we are encouraged to take what we learn ponder, pray, and prepare so that we also can be ready to receive what the spirit wants to teach us. In verse 5 it says
 "And it came to pass that when Jesus had thus spoken, he cast his eyes round about again on the multitude, and beheld they were in tears, and did look steadfastly upon him as if they would ask him to tarry a little longer with them."
 When I read that verse it made me think of my own personal relationship with the Saviour. Do I love Him enough to want Him to tarry longer with me? Do I actually desire to want to learn about Him and do I want to become like Him? Later in that chapter it talks about the Saviour praying for the people and exercising compassion towards them.
16 And after this manner do they bear record: The eye hath never seen, neither hath the ear heard, before, so great and marvelous things as we saw and heard Jesus speak unto the Father;
 17 And no tongue can speak, neither can there be written by any man, neither can the hearts of men conceive so great and marvelous things as we both saw and heard Jesus speak; and no one can conceive of the joy which filled our souls at the time we heard him pray for us unto the Father."
I know that the Saviour loves us more than we can even comprehend. That no matter what we do or how far we travel off the path He will always be there with open arms welcoming us back. That He truly does love us just as He loved the people He saw when He ministered to them. I know that we are children of our Heavenly Father, that His Son Jesus Christ came to earth for us. That the prophets in the bible and Book of Mormon were inspired to write the things that they did. That Joseph Smith truly did see God the Father and the Son. That he was given the power to translate the Book of Mormon, and that it is another testament of our Saviour. 

I hope you all have a great week. That you are enjoying your own personal feasts from the scriptures and that you are pondering, praying, and preparing to receive more.  

love,
Sister Boiteux

pictures!
Double rainbows <3



Before she got her teeth out


After she got her teeth out!


We had a few visitors through out the week keeping us a little sane. Didnt document all the pictures (Sister Graham would kill me for sending them home) But am grateful for all the missionaries we serve with 


No comments:

Post a Comment