Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

It's a Crack Up Life.

This week was pretty much crack up. My companion is the craziest person I have ever met and I love it. We smashed it this week. Started with the many miracles and blessings from our Heavenly Father. Oh man we had a competition with our district leader to see who gets the most TWE and loser owes the other companionship buttered chicken. We were at 12 TWE at 6:00 at night so we were freaked out that they would beat us. We said a prayer and felt prompted to go and tract. BOOM! We had 45 TWE at the end of the night. So many potentials this week and we are so grateful for the Lord and all he did for us. For some reason my companion and I laugh. Like all the time. So a family opened the door and we couldnt stop laughing. Awkard as. But we got a return appointment so all is well haha. 

We focused so much on faith this week. Mainly cause I had to speak on that at church. So we had a comp study with the district leader and the zone leaders and they were both on faith. Lol I know im brilliant. But it actually helped so much. We learned how to rely on our Savior 100% because the atonement is truly what carries us as missionaries. We both somehow ended up sick by the end of the week and investigators were falling through and we were just exhausted. Somehow we kept going and were able to receive other blessings and new people to teach. The work is hastening and I just love it. We have two baptisms on December 19 (happy birthday dad) and transfers are on December 17 haha so the zone leaders liked to inform me that I will be getting transferred. Tends to happen to me when we get sets. But all is well. We dont even know yet but I am just grateful for the opportunity that i have to be a tool in the Lords hands.

As I was studying on faith it took me to one of my favorite Book of Mormon stories... THE STRIPLING WARRIORS!!! Alma 57:27 "Now this was the faith of these of whom i have spoken; they are young, and their minds are firm, and they do put their trust in God continually." Why? because that is what their mothers taught them. We had to teach gospel principles yesterday and it was on eternal families. Made us only a tad bit homesick. But I am so grateful for my parents and raising me in the gospel and teaching me all that I need to know so I could make it out on my mission. I am grateful for the people back at home who are like my parents and have shaped my life and helped me become who I am today. I love being a missionary. I love looking for the Lords tender mercies every single day. I know that the Savior lives and the time for him to come back is coming quickly. I know that faith leads to action, action leads to a testimony, and a testimony leads to conversion. I know there is power in prayer and Heavenly Father is ready to answer them as long as we are willing to listen and do what he asks us to do.

Love you all heaps,
Sister Boiteux

Funny of the week: In my talk I shared a story of how our USB port in the car stopped working so we had no music. So we pulled over and prayed for it to work... and it started working!!! It actually was a cool testimony builder on faith. Anyways I said that and in relief society the teacher asked what they remembered from my talk... Yeah thats the only thing they really remembered. Crack up!


Tracting in Opito Bay. Always an adventure with Julie. Joys of when people ask us if we want to see their view. 




:)


Learning to knit. We're terrible at it.


Mangnum bars. Murica!



Round 2 Mangamuka with the elders and Sister Edgar.


When we find a mail box with the letters of our last name. Happens frequently haha


Ezra. Still depressed I can't hold him.


Preaching the gospel to a horse. That's how we do it here in the north.



No comments:

Post a Comment