Pages

Monday, June 20, 2016

Hear Him

Kia Ora, 

I hope you all enjoyed your fast Sunday. Such a great day to be able to go to church and be uplifted by all the wonderful saints. Our stake president came to our sacrament meeting yesterday and shared a powerful testimony on the Prophet Joseph Smith. It made me think a little bit differently of the sabbath day.

Joseph Smith was a young boy who had a question. A question that brought such a wonderful change in the world. His question was which church was true, and from that he searched. Joseph Smith decided to go to a grove of trees and pray to ask God that one simple question and this is how he described his experience: 

" 16 But, exerting all my powers to call upon God to deliver me out of the power of this enemy which had seized upon me, and at the very moment when was ready to sink into despair and abandon myself to destruction—not to an imaginary ruin, but to the power of some actual being from the unseen world, who had such marvelous power as had never before felt in any being—just at this moment of great alarm, saw pillar of light exactly over my head,above the brightness of the sunwhich descended gradually until it fell upon me.
 17 It no sooner appeared than found myself delivered from the enemy which held me bound. When the light rested upon me saw two Personageswhose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other—This is My Beloved SonHear Him!"
This is my Beloved Son. Hear Him!!! Joseph Smith literally saw God the Father and the Son Jesus Christ. They told him what must be done to restore the church of Christ on earth again. He listened, and because he listened we are blessed to be members of that restored church. Our instructions for today given in the Book of Mormon are found in Mosiah 18
23 " And he commanded them that they should observe the sabbath day, and keep it holy, and also every day they should give thanks to the Lord their God."
and 25 "And there was one day in every week that was set apart that they should gather themselves together to teach the people, and to worship the Lord their God, and also, as often as it was in their power, to assemble themselves together."
We go to church every Sunday to worship our God, to strengthen and uplift each other, and to hear Him. We get to be spiritually fed by the word of God and we get to hear what He wants us to do to become more like Him. Sometimes we forget the importance of the Sabbath day. We forget that it is a day of rest, a day that we give to Him because He gave us everything. My companion and I have seen a difference in our Sabbath day when we try to make it more holy and sacred. By changing the music we listen to, just listening to talks, not doing the regular things we would do on the other days of the week. We have truly felt the spirit in a stronger abundance and the sabbaths meaning has definitely changed in my heart. I know it is the day of the Lord. I know that sometimes church is the last thing we may want to do, but its always the best thing we should do. I know that we can have the greatest spiritual feast if we let the spirit teach us. I know that if we give this day to the Lord then He will bless us far more than we can ever imagine. 
I hope you all were able to learn from some testimonies today and if you didnt share yours that you will be able to share it with someone this week. I love you all heaps and hope you are doing well!
Love,
Sister Boiteux 
pictures:

Had to go to the city for my eye appointment and parked at the chapel... Came back and they locked us out and we had no key.. Adventures in the city for the sisters!!


Some of our favourite kiddos


#cinderella


Holding a caterpillar and he decided to use my finger as his bathroom..


Sister Lott sent me a birthday present!! Love her heaps :)


No comments:

Post a Comment