Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2016

How Full Is Your Cup?

Kia Ora,

This week was great! Lots of things were going on. First we received a wonderful referral from our Samoan sisters. Her name is Lisa. She has been looking for a church to go to and wants to change her life. You can say she has had a pretty hard life and the gospel can help her in so many ways. She came to church with us on Sunday and also to our ward fireside. One of our members asked her if meeting the missionaries was an answer to her prayers. She said "Yes. I was praying to God to help me change my life and then two sisters walked past me and I said 'Hi I am Lisa' and then they introduced me to these lovely sisters." It was really sweet to see that God loves her enough to send us. Missionaries, or members to help his children. 

In our ward fireside Bishop spoke and something I have heard him say a few times always sticks with me.. which is "How full is your cup?" Sometimes the messages we hear in church could be recorded because the words they used were great, but the words aren't what teach us. It is the spirit. What the spirit taught me yesterday was sacrifice. Honestly living the gospel is a sacrifice. Maybe not in a bad way it can be in a great way. But we always give up something. It's not because God wants to punish us so he makes us give up things we love, but because it is showing our commitment to him its showing our love towards him. Bishop talked about changing things in our lives so that our cup can be completely full. Not just filling it once and one super spiritual night, but continually filling it so that when trials do come or obstacles are put in our path we wont fear, but have full faith in the Saviour. 

I hope you are all filling your cup every single day. Studying the beautiful Book of Mormon and learning from the spirit. I hope you are following the counsel of the leaders because they truly are called of God. I hope you all have a great week! I love you heaps!

Sister Boiteux

Pictures!

 Love these children!!


this is my soa!


Our young women. Dont know what we would do without them.




The ward activity... (If Brother Eteru posted something on Facebook we promise we weren't dancing. Just there to supervise) :)


No comments:

Post a Comment