Pages

Monday, July 11, 2016

Oh You Poor Soul...

Our week was full of rain... Shocker there right? It's like I am serving in New Zealand or something. Also the "super windproof" umbrella my father bought me broke a few months ago and I have been too lazy to buy a new one. Lol so everyone informed me that I need to buy a new umbrella. Sorry padre my $12 target umbrella out lasted the one you got me. Aunt Yvette called it.

Not too much to say about our week. Pretty much every missionary in the mission is sick with a nasty cough and with my luck I caught it woohoo. Lemon and Honey water for days. Even though it has been wet and I have been coughing up a storm we had a successful week. It was good we saw miracles and best part is we testified of the Saviour and His atonement! Sister got her visa and she is staying until transfers. The poor sister is just ready to get to her mission but I'm grateful for the extra two weeks I get with her... she may not be but that's okay :) 

Some experiences we had this week was one day we both were wondering where we should go because the names we had down didn't feel right. We both received the same prompting to go and visit one of the older sisters in our ward. When we got there she told us of the trial she was going through and what was going on in her family. It was a really wonderful experience to see how much God loves her that He sent us to go and testify of His love and to comfort her. We had a day where so many of the people we talked to on the street were old enough to be our grammas. It reminded us that God loves all His children. That they all need to hear the message of the restored gospel no matter who they are or what they have done. 
We saw a dad walking his baby. We stopped and talked with him. My companion introduced us and he asked what we do and we stated our purpose and said "We invite others to come unto Christ." "How do you do that?" "By sharing the message of the restored gospel." "Which is what?" "We teach faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end." I thought he was going to just smash us. Usually when people are hard and interrogate us they always look at me. They don't even care that I have a companion next to me, they just drill me. So it was nice that it was directed to her. Not in a bad way but to see her put her knowledge to the test. It is a wonderful thing to see when people are hard hearted then they are softened because of the spirit and they listen to the message we have to share. We left him with a pamphlet because he had some pretty soul searching questions. He may not want to be taught at this moment. But we invited and that's what matters. That is what it is all about inviting others to come unto Christ. 

Grateful for my calling and for the incredible people God puts in our path every day. I hope you all had a nice week. Love you heaps!

Sister Boiteux

Pictures:
 
Sister Balli documented our trip to the mission office!


A secret bridge we discovered.


After being held hostage at one of our less actives homes, don't let the smiles deceive you it was freezing and raining hard out. :)


Adventure in our area. Found this lovely tree and river :)


Lol @ Stephanie. Showed up at her house and she was out. So I went and laid next to her and she thought I was her son so she put her arm around me. She woke up to a nice surprise hahaha


Literally pouring outside. My companion dared me to dance in the rain for a solid two minutes. Got drenched head to toe but I did it :)


Pondering on how totally awesome our ward FHE was!


No comments:

Post a Comment