Pages

Monday, December 28, 2015

The Mission Year

Hello loved ones!! I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and were able to feel of the sweet spirit that comes with that holiday. It was so nice to be able to talk to my lovely family and see how all of you are doing. As Sister and I were trying to pull our thoughts back to our purpose as missionaries we talked about why we are here and what we want to accomplish. Sister Lott was able to give me some inspired advice.. The reason why they make missionaries give up music, family, friends, tv, movies, etc. is so we dont have anywhere to turn to but God. He is the best outlet and we will get into the habit of trusting him and be able to use that when we get back home. I was thinking of what I want to accomplish in my last year on the mission. How I can make these next 12 months the best. I always think of the glow. Or in other words the light of Christ. in D&C 50:24 it says " That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day." We were talking about how Moroni received his light not from just being an angel but from the 30 years he studied the scriptures and was able to strengthen his light.  

We were talking with our Bishop and his challenge to us as a ward is to be happy in the year 2016. So simple. As we are happy we will radiate the light of Christ. We can truly help others come unto Christ and receive that light as well. So something I want to ask every one is how can we center our lives on Jesus Christ? How can we make our families stronger in the gospel? and how can we strengthen our light? Something big we have been talking about is visiting teaching and home teaching. Just do it. Everyone is busy, but everyone also needs love from others around them. I invite all of you to take some time and reflect on yourselves and see how you can improve and how you can become more like the Saviour this year. I hope you all have a happy New Year. I love you all.

Love,
Sister Boiteux

Pictures! 

The chapel!

Never a boring day here in the NZAM. Nothing like walking in the pouring rain.


 Lillabeths baptism. Surprise visit from President and Sister Balli :)


When you match with the zone leader.. Intake buddies for life!


Being kidnapped on Christmas and taken to Maccas for lunch.


Cocoa Samoa. That's the one


My new tracting shoes.


Skypin home for Christmas.


Pukana Warriors


The shirt that sums up my mission ;) thank you Rowley and Kelsey family :)


Don't mind me and my crippled knee we just found a pineapple tree... lol im punny. That moment when I actually live up to my last name!





No comments:

Post a Comment