Pages

Monday, April 18, 2016

Book of Mormon Stories..

Honestly not to sure what to say about this week. A lot of learning, growing, laughing, crying, etc.. The joys of being a missionary. Yesterday was just great. We had a come and see fireside. When all of us missionaries bring our investigators and they have recent converts speak and musical items. It was just so good. Sister Trull has been a member for a year and a half now so they had her speak. Her conversion story and testimony are so powerful. She was speaking about the Book of Mormon and how the missionaries would invite her to read it and she would say yes and then never actually do it. One of those haha. But one day she finally decided to start reading it. So she read 1 Nephi 1. Then prayed and when she finished praying she expected to see an angel or Heavenly Father but she saw nothing. So the missionaries told her to do it again and really listen to the spirit. So she did. She read 1 Nephi 2 and prayed again. She decided she just needed to go to church. She finally did and she found out the church was true and got baptized!! Obviously the story is a lot better when she tells it because its her story, but it made me really reflect on my personal testimony of the Book of Mormon as well as all of yours. We talk with members at times and they dont even know if the Book of Mormon is true. Its just part of our religion so its like what ever. Its quite heartbreaking. The Book of Mormon is such a wonderful beautiful gift that we have been given. I know that everything in it is true and its inspired and we can apply it to our lives every single day. I hope and invite all of you to read from the Book of Mormon every day, every day, every day. It changes lives and can help you in anything that you are going through. I know that to be true. I also know if you pray to Heavenly Father with a sincere heart and real intent He. Will. Answer. You. 

Im so grateful to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Im so grateful to represent our Saviour Jesus Christ. I know the church is true. I know Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon and that the Book of Mormon is also true. I know that because I study it every day. I ponder on it. Then I ask God. Listen to the spirit and you can know too. I love you all and hope you have an incredible week.

Love,
Sister Boiteux

Miracle: Yesterday at Come and See my dear Sister Lott was there. Their investigator was Siu!!! The  miracle Sister Lott and I were blessed with two transfers ago. He is the younger brother of one of the brethren who use to be in the bishopric. We have been teaching him and every time we invited him to be baptized he said next year haha 20 year old boys mate. But he was there yesterday and he is getting baptized on Saturday!! Woohoo!!! So excited and proud of him. :)

Pictures:


Cause its Sandy :)


Ok everyone who asked last week. yes this new area is beautiful :) Its new zealand duh!


When you hear there is a family in the ward from Utah you do anything to see them.. Including climbing up their steep as driveway! #worthit


I left my heart in Auckland.. See its right next to me :)



When you do service with the elders this is what happens..


They were admiring a slug. A flippin slug. Elders mate.


RS birthday party. 174 years!


The Latus van :) What we travel in to "Come and See"!


No comments:

Post a Comment