Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2017

When Life Gets Dark and Dreary..

This week was great. This was our only full week of being able to focus completely on our area. This transfer has been crazy busy. We had interviews this week. Weird thinking that it was my last one until my exit interview of course. I am so grateful for President and Sister Balli and all that they have done for me while I have been out serving. Nothing more true than knowing that I was assigned the them and not the mission. 

One of the greatest lessons i learned this week took place yesterday in church. We were able to have a lesson on prayer. Everyone in gospel principles was discussing how their answers to their prayers didnt come at once or in the way they expected but they still came. They also were able to recognize it when it did come. The whole class was full of recent converts rather than us missionaries and Elder and Sister Nielson. At the end of class Elder Nielson shared some thoughts. He was amazed at what was shared in the class and wanted to share an experience that he had when he was meeting with the first presidency and the quorum of the twelve. He talked about revelation that was received by President Eyring. Not something I can share but the jist of it was that we need to turn to God and always pray to him. He explained to us how prayer is a miracle. That we literally talk to the father through the son. Prayer is able to help us through everything that we are facing in life. Any choice that we have to make or any trial that we are in he is here to help us. It was a cool experience to have and I am so grateful for the guidance that we are able to have such wonderful leaders in this church. I know it is true. I know God loves us and is ready to help us. All we need to do is turn to him.

Hope you all have a great week!!

Love you heaps,
Sister Boiteux

No comments:

Post a Comment